Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday = MEGA Swagbucks Day!


Today is Friday, which means that it is Mega Swag Bucks day!  This means that you could win up to 2,000 Swagbucks at a time, rather than 100... so start searching!
.
What is Swagbucks?
For those of you who are unfamiliar with Swagbucks, it's is a rewards site and search engine that allows you to earn virtual dollars (i.e. "Swag Bucks") by doing things that you do every day anyway, such as searching the web, online shopping, submitting polls, watching TV clips, etc.  These dollars can be redeemed for a variety of things, including gift cards to Amazon.com, Target, Barns & Noble, Southwest Airlines, etc.  To give you some perspective, it only takes 450 swagbucks to get a $5 Amazon.com gift card!  So, the bottom line is that you are basically earning rewards for free simply by doing your searches through swagbucks instead of other search engines like google.  If someone is going to give me something simply for searching the web like I normally do, I say, why not?!  To sign up and start earning, go here.

Swabucks Tips
Here are a few tips that should help you succeed at Swagbucks:
  • First, you obviously need to sign up if you haven't already.  Currently, you will earn 30 Swagbucks simply for joining!
  • When you're browsing the web, use Swagbucks instead of google or yahoo.  This is the hardest part because it takes a while to break the habit of going to your usual search engine.  To make it easier to remember, I would recommend changing your home page from google to swagbucks, at least until you develop the new habit of using Swagbucks. 
  • It's also helpful to download the Swagbucks toolbar/widget (see the Swagbucks widget on the right hand side of this blog).  You can use this tool throughout the day to type your web searches. 
  • Use Swagbucks even when you know the web address.  For example, instead of typing "gmail" into the address bar at the top of my browser, I always go to the Swagbucks site or use my Swagbucks toolbar to "search" for gmail and other sites I commonly visit.  Because you earn Swagbucks randomly by using it to search the web, you increase your chances of earning Swagbucks by using it to search for pages you normally visit. 
  • Search for Swag codes and check my blog.  Swag codes are often released by Swagbucks and can be entered in your Swagbucks account to earn you more Swagbucks.  You can search for codes yourself, or you can check my blog daily for codes. 
My Swagbucks
To see how great Swagbucks can actually be, check out my post about my first Swagbucks reward, a $50 Southwest gift card!  I'd say that's pretty awesome for simply using Swagbucks to search the web! Next, I think I'll save up for some Amazon gift cards to use toward Christmas presents!  To give you some incentive to try it out, I've heard of people who've been able to pay for all their holiday presents through gift cards redeemed on Swagbucks!  How awesome is that?! 
.
Never miss another deal - Subscribe to Addicted 2 $avin' by Email

No comments:

Post a Comment