Friday, September 10, 2010

First Post

Hi, my name is Maegen, and I love a great deal!  Although my hubby now enjoys making fun of me for how excited I get when I come home with bags full of free or extremely cheap goodies, I have him to thank for initiating my couponing journey.  In the spring of 2009, he forwarded a news clip to me about a woman who managed to walk out of a grocery store with $116 worth of groceries for $6.80 due to the use of coupons!  I watched that video clip in amazement - I had no idea you could save so much money just by using coupons!  I was so inspired by the clip that I became determined to learn how to coupon myself (and, yes, for all us savers out there, "coupon" is a verb!).  Although my first month or so was a bit frustrating as I struggled to learn the couponing lingo and rules, couponing quickly became one of my favorite hobbies.  Yes, couponing always has some frustrations (I plan to add entries with tips on how to handle frustrating couponing situations), but it makes me feel so good when I walk out of a store with a bag full of stuff for barely a few bucks.  I can definitely say I'm addicted.  After I got the hang of couponing, I started to share my experiences with friends and family, and they, too, were amazed at how far a few bucks could go (they also all enjoyed all the free stuff I was always giving to them!).  Many of them were interested in learning how to coupon as well, so I started to teach them by sending emails with instructions and example transactions; however, all the personalized emails became very time consuming as more and more friends and family members became interested.  Therefore, my sister (and most avid couponing partner), Shaina, and I decided to start our own couponing site on which we could share our favorite deals with friends, family, and anyone else who may enjoy them.  We hope that you find our site useful and that you become as addicted to couponing as we are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment